Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Love Me Like You Do

I had a dry-erase board in my childhood bedroom. In 1988, I wrote the entire lyrics to Sinaid O'Connor 'Nothing Compares 2 U' on that whiteboard. Therefore, it should have been no surprise when Maisie started researching song lyrics to practice singing. The song she chose was "Love Me Like You Do". Only then did I realize the song is from the '50 Shades of Grey' soundtrack. Once again, I'm disqualified from Mother of the Year Award. While we watched 'Glee' on Netflix Tuesday evening (which I'm obsessed with), Maisie was busy writing the "Love Me Like You Do' lyrics onto paper for a concert she would later perform. Little did I know the concert would be held on the courthouse steps Wednesday morning with Molly and I. Wednesday morning rolled around and Maisie's lip gloss had been applied. It was concert time. Ross wasn't thrilled, but was willing to come along as the photographer. I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story.
The courthouse steps... just one of the places in Winterset I'll forever treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment