Sunday, November 17, 2019

Faith

I tried to capture a photo of Mike and me together on my birthday with the sexy meat and cheese tray he brought home, but the thick sweater I was wearing made me look like a dweeb, so it's not worth the data.  

My 41st birthday was as good as it could be and either way,  and I'm 41 regardless.

 I spent my Saturday afternoon with these 2 silly hearts who crack me up like a raw egg.
I'm pretty sure I know their hearts like only a mama could.
Maisie was hungry and Molly suggested Banana Splits.  
Banana Splits?
Is that even 'a thing' anymore?
Culvers Concrete Shakes worked just fine.





Luck was surely on my side the day these two spirits came into my life. 


Sugar Plum has been losing teeth left and right.  
She now has what she calls, "A Fry Slot on her left"






Meanwhile, my youngest won’t change out of his pajamas without a reminder (yet his heart is made of pure bright gold), my oldest has made friends with a kid who has more in common with him than I could have ever asked for, and my firstborn bio is pushing me to the end of my patience.

But I walked through the dark woods with my husband tonight.  
We shared our hopes and fears as we passed over the damp, cold leaves, gravel and mud in our boots.
In the end, I really couldn't ask for more.

And it leaves me feeling SO grateful for our faith.


Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment