Saturday, April 21, 2018

Placentas, Ten and Branching Out

If you told me 6 months ago I'd be posting photos of a placenta, I'd tell you to get lost AND it better not be mine.

Oh, the lengths I'll go to keep myself (and my students) entertained through the remainder of the year.




The nurse brought it to the room in an ice cream bucket.  
Below, she's holding up the empty bag of waters, which is connected to the placenta (which tears off the uterus like a scab), and is attached to the cord.
Why does this stuff fascinate me so much?
The miraculousness of this invention completely blows my mind.


I'm pretty sure I vacuumed most of this mud (below) from the mudroom Saturday morning.
Maybe even more a little more...





But by the end of Friday, we had concrete.  


Speaking of Friday, Sugar Plum turned 10.  TEN!  
The basic theme of the event was "Squishies"
However, I can only buy so many squishies before Amazon starts to question my identity and I must think of something else to surprise her with. 
Since my last hair appointment, where she saw a hairdo in a style book with highlighted tips, she's been asking about the possibility of some highlights..
Hey, it wasn't a squishy.

Jayson was very concerned for her.

And held her hand through it all.


She got the new lady. 
The new lady didn't process the color as long as she should have.
Ross was acting feisty though, so she was probably trying to get us in-and-out.


It was a subtle change.  So subtle I emailed her teacher to be sure she'd notice a difference at school the next morning.


She loved it.

2 friends were invited to spend the night Friday night.  Guess what the main entertainment was?
A balloon/squishy pit on the stairwell landing.
Yep, there were 160 balloons and 30 mysterious squishies found at the bottom of the pit.
We knew we'd need a HUGE cardboard box to contain the balloons as the kids fell into the pit.  
Guess what we found in someones garbage pile on our way to school Friday? 
You guessed it... I huge cardboard box!



She's 10.  
Somehow or another.
I feel like i just posted 'the' newborn photo of her with the umbilical cord still attached on this blog and didn't realize my vagina was in the shot.


But in other news, our Moo is branching out.
This morning marked her first soccer game.

She was nervous and insecure (stuck close to her friend Madison) and didn't touch the ball, but she played!  
And loved it.
Plus, the Sunny D and donuts afterwards didn't discourage her either.


Then it was onto a double header pee-wee baseball game.


She struck out twice, made it to base once, hit the ball but got out at 1st because she forgot to run and hit many fouls (which is contact!).  And again, she loved it.  
Plus, she only peed her pants in the outfield "a tiny bit".  

You go girl.  You'll be knocking it out of the park before you know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment