Thursday, October 31, 2019

Fall Fun!

These girls of mine are just what the doctor ordered these days.  
Last weekend was cheer night at the game and both girls were 'feeling the school spirit."  
They remind me so much of myself at this age.  
Weird, awkward, self conscious, and goofy.  Maisie even has a different voice at school than she does in real life now.  
She claims she can't make it stop.







Meanwhile, I'm working to help ServeSafe students understand they CANNOT wear long acrylic nails in a food establishment.  
Clearly, I'm not getting through to them.


And because Maisie is in a 'trying-to-be-funny' stage, she dressed as her math teacher for a friend Halloween gathering.  
I think she looks a little more like Velma from Scooby Doo- but, whatever.


And in the midst of it all, Ross re-broke his leg.  
Not a proud moment for any of us who were involved with the second break, hearing the orthopedic surgeons' disappointment of the break, or having to purchase 2 sets of crutches within 3 months.

Yet, it is what it is, and we make our own beds.


Then the snow fell and the roads froze up overnight.
I texted Mack at 7:51 to drive carefully to school as the roads were slick.  
I got the call at 8:08.
He had spun out across the highway and landed in the ditch.




Then there's this little bottle of sunshine who can't get enough farm chores.
Where did she come from?




I can't get enough of her right now.


In the meantime, I'm taking the girls trick-or-treating for Halloween.  
Molly isn't dressing up, just going as a 'girl', Jay has zero interest in trick-or-treating and will probably program some sort of device instead, Ross will be with friends (making smart choices) and Maisie is going as a box.  



However I can't stop from thinking about one of my favorite sayings - 'whenever you start wondering where God is, remember the teacher is always quiet during a test'


No comments:

Post a Comment