Saturday, October 22, 2022

Pumpkin Ranch

Molly mentioned she wanted to go to a pumpkin patch.  

I remember those places costing a ridiculous amount of money which doesn't even include the pumpkin.  

But then I started to think this could be the last year I'd have a kid asking to go to a pumpkin patch, so I let her invite her best friend.


We started in the corn maze but got bored so we decided to cheat our way out through the corn rows.  
We walked through the food truck area and naturally had to stop for snow cones and kettle corn.  
The corn pool was fun, but packed with toddlers and probably swimming with strep throat and Covid. 
The girls decided they were too big for the zip line, and not interested in waiting in line for the jump pillow or horseback rides.  The slide had a nasty bump that hit your back weirdly and toddler town was clearly a no-go.  
And fortunately for the bank account, the girls had ZERO interest in hiking out to the pumpkin patch for a pumpkin.


Some things you just outgrow.  
So odds are, this was my last year as a mom taking my kid to the pumpkin patch.  
It turns out I blinked and no longer have little kids.  



I've said it again and I say it a thousand times, the days are long but the years are short.

No comments:

Post a Comment