Thursday, December 17, 2015

60 Preschoolers

I'm supposed to be writing final exams for next week.  Instead I'm busy finishing up Holiday Parties for 'Heidi's Kitchen' events and drinking too much coffee at school.  The coffee is LOADED with caffeine.  Apparently it's giving me lots of ideas.

I spent Thursday baking sugar cookies with 60 preschoolers.  60 preschoolers PLUS my high school students.  Eye-Yay-Yay.

Fortunately, I teach in a 1-A school.  That's short for "small".
That also means Molly attends the same school building I teach in. Therefore.... Molly was able to be one of the preschoolers who made cookies in my classroom on Thursday. 

There's something about mixing preschoolers with high schoolers which brings out the mystery in both.  The preschoolers bring their innocence and playfulness to the classroom which carries over to the high schoolers. 

It's exhausting, funny and weird.  I love it.

















2 comments:

  1. Your cookies look better than some of my 8th graders sugar cookies!
    I bet this activity was the best part of everyone's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lucky you can post students photos ..... Our communists will go into orbit if any of our students R on an educators posting . One more reason to be off of social media !!! However .......... Cookies look great ..... 'Merica !!!!

    ReplyDelete