Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Elf Met Jesus

I wasn't willing to sign up for the whole Elf On The Shelf drama.  I realize I have my creative moments (stay tuned)  but I'm also forgetful, sleepy, time-strapped and not-that-interested.  The girls both learned of this nosey little elf from school and friends.  They each wrote a letter to the North Pole asking Santa to PLEASE send an Elf to our house.  Sigh.


I didn't want to completely ruin their hopes and dreams, so amongst a cartful of crafts and fabrics (most of which I put back before checking out) from Micheals Craft store sat an Elf on the Shelf. $30 bucks for this sucker!  Did I mention I black Friday shopped with the girls?  Yeah, I did.  Molly said later in the day, "I had a lot of emotions today".  Ditto girl, ditto.

Little Elffie (actually the girls named him Charlie) made his appearance Saturday morning.  You'd have thought they won the Miss America crown by their responses to discovering this little guy.

Below is Molly introducing Baby Jesus to Charlie.  I think she would have shown him her poop if opportunity was there.

In other news, our tree is up. 

Also, the boys are in Missouri hunting for the weekend so Molly's been my side-kick.  I got a wild hair to chop down a cedar-tree from the woods to decorate the front porch with a lighted Christmas Tree.  Tis the Season.  Finding an ax, saw, basically anything with a blade around this place is like pulling teeth.  I DID find a razor blade tool in my took kit and wound up cutting down a tree with a razor blade.  Where there's a will there's a way.  Molly and I had a deep conversation about 'Never Giving Up' during the ordeal.

Meanwhile, I look as thought I've been in a fight with a cat, Molly's positive her mom is "Crazy Town" (her words) and the tree on my porch reminds me of Christmas 2014 in the rental.  No photos yet, my hands are too raw and sappy.
Can't wait to see where Charlie ends up in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment