Monday, February 27, 2017

Gymnastics, Sunshine and Starch

Saturday brought Maisie's first gymnastics competition.  That's her below, in 5th place with her left hand raised and her right hand gripping her arched out stomach.  This was for her performance on the trampoline.




Below is her being awarded 4th place for the double mini trampoline.

And her last event, the synchronized trampoline she and her partner earned 7th place.
The competition was stiff.



But coming home with 3 medals at her first competition worked for her!  When asked if she liked it and want's to do more competitions, she said "No, the waiting was too long and boring.  I just want to focus on baking contests." 
I totally get it.

So Sunday Maisie asked me to help her learn to draw shadow and dimension. 
Really?

We found a sunny spot on the front porch and practiced with trees, shadows and angles.  It was my favorite part of the day. 
And the warm sun had nothing to do with it...


Meanwhile my Culinary Arts students are learning about starches.  Below is a completed Blancmange, complete with a thickened blueberry sauce. 
Don't get to excited.


During our recipe development unit, I had one group end up with cupcakes that looked like this.

If this isn't job security, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I LOVE THIS!!!! Looks like Maisie could show your students a thing or two. ;-) Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete