Monday, February 13, 2017

Missing Eclipses and Valentines Day

Mack's Science teacher offered extra credit for a photo of the lunar eclipse Friday night.  It was scheduled to occur at 6:43 p.m. I inherited a knack for going above and beyond to ensure my kids good grades at school (thanks mom), which is why I stood in the middle of the road for 30 minutes Friday night waiting for the big moment. 

I swear it didn't happen.  I felt robbed.  I came inside to make sure dinner wasn't fried on the stove check the news- sure there'd been some solar mistake.  Maybe they had the time wrong?  Nope.  The date?  Nope.  I'm still perplexed and wondering why the nonexistent lunar eclipse didn't make headlines.  Was it all a dream?  So confused.



Meanwhile, Tuesday marks Ross and Caroline's 2-week anniversary.  Right now he's stressing about HOW to give her this Valentines Gift since they don't physically talk to each other at school.  He splurged and bought her the $7.99 box of chocolates from Fareway.  He also included a Heath bar (thought is was a Health Bar?) since he's learned it's her favorite.  I finally had to tell him "No" when he asked if he could buy her the stuffed dog at Walgreens.  Good Lord.

In other news, nothing screams the arrival of Spring like seeing the girls walk the path from Grandmas with foil wrapped pie.





I was reminiscing through old blog posts as a distraction from the mountain of laundry I needed to fold and realized one year ago we'd never dreamed we'd have the 4th child in this photo.  In two short months, we'd finally see his face for the first time. 
We believed with all our hearts we could offer this child a better life by claiming him as ours. 






Little did we realize how much this little guy would bring to the table in regards to happiness.  Kinda funny how that worked out.

And to think, we could've so easily missed it.

2 comments:

  1. Same problem here in Texas! I was the announcer at the soccer match for our high school girls team, the moon came up over the horizon, but no eclipse !!! Fans mentioned the Russians involvement in the hoax !!!!

    ReplyDelete