Sunday, February 3, 2019

How We Deal

Isn't it funny how people deal with sadness?  

We took the kids to the Mexican Restaurant on Saturday.  
Apparently, that's how we celebrate 'life things' in our family.  
We celebrated the short life we shared with Gunny with food; naturally. 





I swear Molly was NOT drinking a margarita.



Sunday I took the girls to see Mary Poppin's at Jordan Creek.  
And, I let them wear make-up.  




Apparently, the theater has recliners now.  
I think the last movie I went to at the theater was Dukes of Hazard or Son Of God. 
Anyway, it was fine, but I've never been a big fan of Mary Poppin's.  
The cartoon mixed with real life is just too abstract for me.
However, the afternoon ended when Molly overate popcorn and felt nauseous.  

She brought the $1 she got from the tooth fairy last night in my white party purse (which has never been used).  But there was trauma when NOTHING in the mall cost $1. She almost bought a pair of socks from Forever 21 until I told her I'd loan her $2 for the bag of gummy candy she wanted instead.  
Only because it'd be a little more fun than a pair of socks.

Then she came home with tons of regrets about the sock decision.

I've come to the conclusion I can't win.
Then I come home and see this.  
On a ladder.  
Pencils in the back pocket of jeans that refuse to stay up.  



Isn't it funny how there is always that one smile that lights up the dark?


No comments:

Post a Comment