Friday, August 7, 2020

We Love Primping

She's always been a primper.

And therefore, I've dreamt of the days she and I would primp together in the bathroom.

To clarify, we have absolutely nowhere to go.  

Doesn't matter though.

She pulls out all the eye shadows, plugs in both the blow dryer and straightener, uses all my make-up and hair brushes and every aerosol can of Suave is on the counter.  

As soon as I feel like primping a bit, she decides to join me.  Oh, and she usually chooses to stand right in front my mirror, forcing me to do a "guess-and-check" make up application and hairdo.

But she's always been my little beauty queen and prefers manicures and mascara to any physical activity or sports camp.

I know darn well these days won't last long. 

It's no secret the I'm going to blink and she's going to want nothing to do with me.

That's why I'm letting her have the mirror.  Why I add the laptop to the cluttered bathroom counter so we can sing along to Dixie Chicks and Taylor Swift as we apply our blush and practice her 'messy bun.'

So I'm going to be dang sure she know the tricks to contouring those amazing cheekbones, perfect eye shadow application for us girls who don't have much lid, and disguise to hide under-eye puffs (all of which she gets from me).  

These days are limited and my teaching window is short.

Luckily, I have an extremely interested, gorgeous and artistic student.

No comments:

Post a Comment