Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Special Day With My Boy

Today was the annual "special day" for my boy and I. 
 
Our morning began with hot chocolate and the very last double chocolate chip muffin available at the local coffee shop. Were lucky like that. 
 
  We spent the next 2 hours on our hands and knees hunting crinoid fossils in a dirt path at Pammel Park. 
 
Crinoid Fossils
 
 
Yep, it takes over 2 hours to find this many crinoid  fossils on a dirt path.  I'm sure you were wondering.  I had no idea what a crinoid was until last week.  Feel free to Google it.  It's a buzz word at our house this week.
 
 
 
We dined on lunch at Montross Pharmacy, spent another 2 hours at the Madison County Historical Complex (a cross between Living History Farms and Pioneer Village) and giggled through a fierce game of tetherball on Grandma and Papa's driveway. 
 
 
Ross was attempting to pull scotch tape off a very tiny crinoid. (above)  The crinoid broke.  My favorite part of the day was Ross' response. 
 
"This crinoid just broke. I'm kinda glad though.  Now it has some character." 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment