Friday, October 18, 2013

Exposed

I'm aware that by sending my kids to public schools they will inevitably be exposed to things they might not otherwise be.
 
Yet, for some reason I was thrown off guard when Sugar Plum came home from kindergarten telling me she knew what the 'b' word was.  Of course, Ross began chuckling to himself while scavenging the snack cupboard.  I turned to Maisie with a look of surprise and she confidently assured me she knew exactly what it was and would whisper it in my ear. 
 
Her whispering was more like a normal voice, therefore we all heard Maisie say the 'b' word. 
I replied, "Yes, that is correct.  Please don't repeat it in this house."  
 
That's when Ross turned from the snack cupboard with a look of confusion and it was obvious he was wondering if he had believed the 'b' word to be pronounced differently all this time. 
 
If you didn't know, the 'b' word Maisie came home from school with is.... Butt Itch. 
 
I'm going with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment