Sunday, March 9, 2014

Packing

Because we'll be building our future homestead this year, we'll be forced to rent during the process.  I explained to the kids they couldn't bring all of their toys to the rental home.  Were talking tight quarters for a minimum of 6 months.  Most our belongings will be in storage during the process and we'll only bring the essentials.  Like a little vacation... at least that's what I'm telling myself.  Each child was given 2 canvas bins to fill with their favorite toys.  In less than 10 minutes, each child emerged from their room with their selected toys.  After the emotional roller coaster  past 3 weeks has brought, the site of their bins brought me an unbelievable amount of appreciation for their sweet innocence.  I couldn't resist capturing their 'chosen items' through my camera lens.  The memory will be forever stored in my heart as well.


First up, Ross' bin: a tupperware of loom bands, 3 various guns, a broken matchbox semi-truck which hasn't be played with in ages, purple hand weights I used during my pregnancy with Ross, numerous books including a Boyscout Handbook from 1959, a book on Native Americans and book about Daniel Boone and Colonial Americans.
 
 
Maisie's bin: a pink Care Bear I didn't know existed, her Barbie make-up kit, her jewelry box, a framed photo of her handprint when she was 9 months old, a feather boa, two glass animal decorations I got as a kid and her Children's bible.
 

Last but not least, Molly's bin: a stuffed frog which has no significance, Maisie's pink dog Sparky, a big baby and a little baby, numerous books which haven't been read since her existance, 2 microphones, pair of doll slippers and a matchbox truck. 
 

Have I ever mentioned these kids make life worth living and teach me everything I need to know about live at the same time? 
 
God bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment