Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fun Stuff

We've lost touch.  I've had my hands full, however I'm back in the ring. 
 
Let's cut to the chase.   'How's the house coming?' 
 
Oh, so many changes.  Mike worked his tail off over weekend vapor-wrapping the entire house in preparation for dry-wall.  I was busy re-thinking flooring colors and learning to use a caulk gun. 
 
On Saturday, Mike had to redo our chimney insulation.  The spray foam company got a little carried away and sprayed a few areas they shouldn't have.  Mike's conclusion... it's easier and faster to just fix it yourself. 
 
By the time everything was repaired and ready to go, Mike realized he was stuck. 
Of course I went straight for my camera.
 
By Monday night, the house was mostly ready for drywall.  At least Mike and I decided we were done on our end.  Our plumber still needed to sweat a shower valve, install a fart fan and set the kids' shower.  The plumber was there all day Tuesday, so I'm assuming we should be ready to rock.  Literally.
 
Meanwhile, the fireplace slate and bathroom tile arrived.  Appliances will be delivered Wednesday.  Siding is 1-1/2 weeks out and the paint color has been chosen.  I'm starting to think about packing again and saving boxes. 
Holy Crap!
 
In the meantime, Ross told me nobody is building him a fort, so he's doing it himself.
 
  He's digging scraps out of the burn pile to build it.
 
The notepad in his back pocket has the plans he drew, and the pencil with the stick-on eraser in the other pocket turn me to goo.
 
He's also been busy hunting rabbits.  By the time this house it built, it may be all we have to eat.
 
In other news, Grandma Boyd knows the way to Maisie's heart. 
She made her a hoochie dress!  And of course Molly insisted on a matching one.
 
I find them adorable and know how much Aunt Heather and I would have loved dresses like this at their age had we known 'pencil dresses' existed.
 
 
 
 
 
I happen to know G-funk would have made Heather and I hoochie dresses had we asked.  She was the one who bought me a water-bra the moment they were available at VM.
 
It's the fun stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Only in our family would hoochie dresses and water bras have "grandma" written all over them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete