Tuesday, August 4, 2015

2 Weeks

I have less than 2 weeks of being a stay-at-home mom left.  I sit here listening to Ross and Maisie fight over who gets the last French toast stick, Ross just asked Maisie to smell the 'new soap' on his finger (not cool) and constantly expresses his anxiety about football pad pick-up later today.  He's afraid he's going to end up with crap pads if we don't arrive early enough.
 
 
Molly's busy playing Barbies.  Barbie is dancing with a headless Ken.  His head fell off several years ago and will not stay on his neck.  She'd just as well not see a mans face anyway.  She's not fond of men these days. 
 
 
We went to the new house this morning and the septic tanks are still being worked on.  I have no idea how septic tanks work or what stage we are at.  But below are a couple shots of the work in progress. 
 
 
 
 
Have I mentioned my obsession with chalk paint? 
I inherited a bedroom set from Grandma and Grandpa Green.  The set was dated and needed a little updating.  Below is the headboard.  I left a spindle on one side of the headboard so you can see the original look.
 
 
Enter chalk paint. 
Black. 
 
 
 
I had my eye out for twin beds for the girls.  Aunt Judy had been storing her and my moms beds from when they were kids.  One was pained orange, the other was wood color.  I decided to adopt them and of course, chalk paint 'em.
 
I used white paint and accented them with vinyl stick-ons from Menards.  I painted a dresser to match, but for some reason that picture didn't download from my camera.
 
 
 
 
I moved the girls' vanity into their room.  Grandma and Papa Boyd gave them this vanity at Christmas and they were excited to finally use it.
 
Meanwhile, Ross received a t.v. for Christmas last year.  It had to stay in the box until we moved.  It sucks to be 9 years old and have to wait 8 months to use your Christmas present.
He set it up (mostly on his own) and was quick to get the Wii plugged in.  Each time we're at the house, he goes straight to his room to play the Wii.
 
 
One thing I didn't chalk paint was the dining room table.  If you remember, I've been refinishing my dining room table.
 
Below is the finished product.
 
Plus, I ditched the chairs and asked my dad to build me benches. 
 
Maisie's decided to make a 'recipe'.  It has an egg, milk, licorice, baking soda, animal crackers and flour in it.  Molly's her official taste tester. 
Poor thing.
 
 
These are the days I will treasure.
 
2 years ago I became a stay-at-home mom.  It allowed me time. 
Time for my family, time to explore my passions, time to assist my general contractor and time to move our family where we wanted to be.
 
2 weeks left of being a stay-at-home mom. 
Sometimes things really do happen for a reason.
 

2 comments:

  1. I can hear Grandma Green saying "Well...you've been busy!" You are SO talented!!! Nice job, sister!

    ReplyDelete