Thursday, July 7, 2016

Weekend Rundown

This years' 4th of July Festivities started with 2 horses and a Texas Miss Rodeo Contestant in our front yard.  Luckily for me, the horses weren't interested in my marigolds either.  Apparently too stinky for horses too.  Miss Texas Rodeo (aka, my cousin Ellie, aka, Barbie) directed countless horse rides over the 48-hour weekend. 
Bless. Her. Heart.





But then our Winterset crew loaded up and headed to L.G. (aka: Long Grove) for the next rounds of entertainment.  I have no idea why I'm suddenly into 'aka'.  I'm going with it though.  These two fancy ladies (aka: Aunt Judy and mom/GG) were quick to prepare a lunch, dinner, breakfast, snack, beverage, joke, smile, you name it. 


The youngest party guest was spoiled rotten by Aunt Judy. 

It's a Romeo on a Romeo!

No, Molly didn't have a headache.  She just really, really, really doesn't like attention.  I swear she and Ross ARE related.  Barbie even claims Molly spoke to her.  The word was 'No', but still...baby steps.
Ella (my cousin Chris and his wife Kim's daughter) LOVED riding Strawberry.

And of course Sam was all smiles.

Zach couldn't hide his smiles either.

Photobomber Maisie


There's our country bumpkin', Laura.

Aunt Heather snaps the shot while Eric calculates his drone location.  Yep, there was a drone.

GG even rode Romeo like a pro!



Getting down was another story.  We were just lucky she had a sober hand to help her off the horse afterwards.

And of course, my little cowboy.
Look out John Wayne, there's a new kid in town.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The picture of mom laughing in the kitchen captures her so well. I can't help but smile.

    ReplyDelete