Thursday, August 18, 2016

Back to School

I made it back to school this week and was only shot by the air soft pellet gun once.  
Seriously, this is my life.

The police department held ALICE training the first morning teachers returned to work.  ALICE is the new method for combatting armed intruders and instructs teachers to fight back instead of the traditional lockdown method.  
Good Lord.

Of course, just as I was locking my door after the alarms sounded, I was shot in the arm.  
Not Funny.  
That thing left a welt and bruise.  As I ran into the food pantry to tell my hiding 'students' I'd just been shot, the police officer gunman returned and said that time didn't count.  We weren't supposed to lock the doors.  
Whaaattt!!  Didn't count!??

The next time we jumped out the window and let me tell you, the image in my mind of the 'older women' jumping falling out of my window nearly had me in tears.  

We followed up with the annual powerpoint lesson from our workman's comp insurance guy as several teachers sat in the bleachers icing their ankles.


Other than that, it's great to be back in my classroom.  I've become known as the teacher with the odd bulletin board messages.  I thought the below message was a good 'back to school message'.

"Awesome things will happen today if you choose not to be a miserable cow"
So true people, so true...



I don't know about you, but this year is off to one heck of a start!  
We're gonna rock-it like it's your birthday.
Love always, your I-35 FCS Teacher.  



2 comments:

  1. There are so many parallels to working outside the home and episodes of "The Office." Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instructing da "yutes" of 'Merica is a contact sport ......

    ReplyDelete