Sunday, September 17, 2017

Cowboys and Roadrunners

Man is this year different from last. For the past two years Ross has been a Winterset Cowboy.  He was #5 and a talented running back.  He touched the ball often throughout the game.  Even though Ross was attending I-35 last fall, he was still able to play for the Winterset Cowboys.  He could have continued playing for the Cowboys this fall, but his circle of friends has shifted to Roadrunner territory. 

He made the switch and and became an official I-35 Roadrunner this fall.

He is no longer #5, no longer a Cowboy, no longer a running back. 
My boy is an I-35 Tight End and Nose Tackle.
Whatever that means, right?

He's #33. 
In the back with the black forearm pads. 
He's discovered a love for playing defense, and pretty much rocks at it too.
I was a little bummed he doesn't seem to touch the ball as much as he did as a Cowboy...


until I uploaded photos and realized he IS touching the ball more than I realized.  That's my boy, with his hands all over that football. 


Time continues to pass and life continues to evolve.  
How lucky am I, to get a front row seat to some of the best days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment