Friday, February 2, 2018

Catering, Smoking and Barbie

They always say, "Find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life". 
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

My Culinary Arts 2 Class was asked to prepare and serve a meal to the St. Charles Lions Club Ladies Night Valentines Dinner at the Madison County Winery on Valentines evening.  I presented menu options to club and their final selections were:

Peppercorn Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey Glazed Carrots
Decadent Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Cake (for the guy who doesn't like cheesecake)

While pricing the ingredients, I found myself at Costco and realized just how much faith this club has in us.  
We'll be serving around 35 guests....




However, my Culinary Arts 1 Class began serving a Thursday Lunch Bunch meal to staff for $5.  The invitation and order form is sent via email and staff is able to select 'order' toppings/flavors for their meal. The students are in charge of the planning, cooking, packaging and delivery.
It's a win-win for all.
Our First lunch was AWESOME!  We have been studying vegetables, therefore the menu was Baked Potato, Garden Salad and a Pudding Parfait.

We're starting soups on Monday, so the next staff lunch is sure to be incredibly wild and crazy!




Back to the Valentines Gala.
I've been testing Chocolate Cheesecakes at home for reference.
The kids are nothing short of spoiled these days.
After school snack...


And lo and behold, Maisie has a new friend.  This friend is a fan of Barbies AND is the sweetest little thing to Jay.
My heart is stolen (once again)




Not sure what Maisie's attempting... perhaps a chest roll? 


And my pubescent teens who I'm not sure what to do with.
Thank God they're cute or I'd have to surrender them to the wolves.

 I almost forgot to mention the Culinary kids also prepared over 750 lbs of meat for the I-35 Wrestling tournament a couple weeks ago.  There were smokers, pork, beef, beans, corny mac and cobbler.  There was chicken.  There were beans, corny mac and cobbler.  It was INCREDIBLE!

The guy who brought the smokers wrote the corny mac recipe on the board for th ekids.  
His spelling left me a little concerned.




And at the end of the day, there's nothing better than watching two of my loves keeping warm in my bed.  
There's No Place Like Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment