Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pet Store


I can’t explain it.  A year ago I'd never believe the things I’d be doing.  Yesterday, for the first time, I walked into a pet store.  It was a new and eye-opening experience for me.  People actually take their pets into the store with them.  I find this incredibly interesting and confusing at the same time.  I can’t help but wonder if these people have other errands to run with their pets or if this is their big outing for the day.  There was an entire aisle designated for pet sweaters and costumes.  I guess I didn’t realize how big the pet sweater/costume market had become.  I steered clear of that aisle and went straight to Nature’s Miracle Urine Destroyer section- another huge aisle full of products I never knew existed.  It was fascinating.

 

Let me start by saying Kratt is not peeing in the house.  He is however treating an egress window-well as an outdoor litter box.  I wouldn’t have noticed if the egress window was not 100+ years old and actually worked, but it doesn’t and therefore I’ve discovered our basement starting to smell like cat urine in a particular area.  I also discovered Kratt has been getting on my kitchen counter to sit behind a plant by the kitchen sink when I’m not watching. My kitchen is off limits. This is war.

They say tin foil helps deter cats.  Whatever it takes.

I’m proactive by nature which explains how I ended up in the urine-remover section of the pet store. I removed the urine-soaked leaves from the window well and saturated both the inside and outside of the window with Nature’s Miracle Urine Destroyer.  I followed up by lying tin foil inside the window well and shoved a wire-border fence against the window to block it.  I take these things very seriously. 
 
This is supposed to be the best.
 
My next step was to contact the ARL (Animal Rescue League) which was another new experience for me and found out they have cat counselors- can you even imagine?  I talked to Veda regarding the kitchen counter situation and she was able to give me some fresh ideas for keeping Kratt off the counter.
I have a Cat Counselor Contact in my phone... go figure.

 
Meanwhile, it’s a snow day in Winterset.  We’ve had a Little House on the Prairie Season 1 Marathon going on all day.  No one can put the little stressors of life into perspective like the Ingalls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment