Saturday, June 13, 2015

It is what it is.

Saturday morning I cleaned the house.
AKA, soaked the dishes that came out of the dishwasher with 'sandy' stuff stuck in them and folded the clean clothes which have been hogging the recliner for the past week.  
 
I attempted to disinfect the bathroom but was overcome with bleach fumes (the windows don't open) so I settled on wiping the yellow pee spots off the underside of the toilet seat and calling it good.  
 
I intended to put the laundry away, but quickly remembered the canvas totes we pretend are dressers were crammed with clothes nobody wears yet we hang onto anyway. Therefore, I put the clothes into a laundry basket and figured we'd just keep them in the laundry rotation.  
 
I went to the farmers market and came home excited to prepare fresh produce.  Dang, no counter space available so I ended up cleaning beets and greens on a cutting board balanced over an oven burner.  It worked.  In fact, I didn't even think much of it.   It's taken me 15 months to accept the rental house for what it is.  A rental house. Complete with whiffs of animal waste, sketchy electrical work, bats, an ant situation, a bathroom that doesn't breathe, an rv shower and lack of space.  And it's fine.
 
 
Perhaps the reason I'm so giddy is because I'm in love...
 
WITH THESE!
 
My cabinets are here and I feel squealing each time I see them.  I just want to buy shelf liner, organize cabinets and whip up a quiche. 
 
The below photo shows the master bathroom vanity.  I love it too, but it doesn't move me the way the kitchen cabinets do.  Go figure.

 
Below you can see the window trim going up.  It's a knotty pine and full of character.  I have a major crush on 'character'.
 
The loft ceiling fan is up! 
 
And lastly a shout-out on the gorgeous paint job in this house. 
 
Love you too Dad.

1 comment: