Saturday, June 29, 2013

I should've known.

We were scheduled to show the house Friday night.  I spent the entire day cleaning and staging the house.  Luckily, Ross was at a friends’ house, which left me with only two girls underfoot…

 

I should’ve known… Molly would pee on the rug that day.
 

I should’ve known…Molly would dump the basket of fluffy toilet paper rolls into the toilet.
 

I should’ve known… Maisie would break the chain of her bike and end up with a bloody ankle.
 

I should’ve known… Molly would dump strawberry applesauce in the living room and track it to the toilet, sink, bathroom floor and sides of the tub.
 

I should’ve known… Molly would throw a bowl of cooked ramen noodles across the kitchen floor and proceed to fling them across the floor with a rag.
 

I should’ve known… Maisie would get a sticker stuck in her pom-poms and cut the pom-pom apart in the house.

 
I should’ve known… Last weeks spilled Nerds candy will never be completely cleaned up.

 
I should’ve known… the cookies would burn in the oven when a neighbor stopped by to chat.
 

I should’ve known…each time I told the girls to keep their hands off the windows and doors, they wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation.

 
I should’ve known… on our way home after the scheduled showing, I’d get a call that the realtor had a sick kid and forgot to cancel the showing. 

 
Live and Learn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment