Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Old as the Hills

A few nights ago Ross asked if pencils had been invented when I was in school.  I told him, “Of course” and asked him what he thought I wrote with.  Turns out he thought I used a slate.  He went on to ask if I there were radios and freezers when I was a kid.  I realize my wrinkles and sunspots are getting more pronounced, but sheesh!
On our way to daycare, Maisie mentioned there was a lady at the library who read to her.  She explained how the lady looked ‘awesome.’  She had a green shirt and a ponytail.  Ross asked, “Did she look more awesome than Mom?”  Maisie was quick to reply, “Yes”.  Ross said, “That’s impossible Maisie.  Nobody can look more awesome than Mom”. 
I think he knows his birthday is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment