Sunday, June 9, 2013

Motor Boatin'

I’ve always dreamed of owning a boat.  Nothing too fancy… just a little fancy.  The idea of floating above the water (where the fish can’t nip my toes) has appealed to me for many years.  Add a few summery drinks, a stellar stereo, a white visor and the smell of coconut sunscreen and I’d consider it the love boat.
Mike brought home a boat this week.  He knows I’ve always wanted one.

 
 
And just like that, you could say my boat dream has been altered.  I'll be the first to  admit, the original dream just isn’t us. 

 
 
Our new dream involves floating on a 12-foot motor boat, a cooler of beer, listening to Kenny Chesney, all while being engulfed in a haze of Deet.  If we get hungry, I’m confident we could snag a few frogs with Mike’s pistol and cook ‘em up on the shore for dinner. 
Funny how quickly dreams can change.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment