Monday, November 19, 2012

Cha Cha Cha Chia

I’ve been eating milled chia seed flour…on purpose. I add it to smoothies, yogurt and my overnight steel-cut oatmeal recipe. It’s supposed to be really good for your heart.  I have to admit, eating chia seeds is something you want to ease into slowly. 
I had the container out a couple nights ago when Ross began to study the label.  It says at the top, ‘The most nutrient rich whole food in the world’.  Once he read this, he decided he’d best eat some. 
He wasn’t about to touch a smoothie, yogurt or oatmeal.  Therefore, he opened the cereal cupboard, poured a bowl of Pops cereal, dumped in some milk and a scoop of chia flour.  He made a big production of eating the cereal/chia mixture, similar to first time he ate an apple.  I’m assuming his system handled it okay as there was no mention of ‘slick-poops’ within the next 24-48 hours. I never considered that perhaps sugary cereal negates the effects of the chia seeds. 
Hmmmm. 
He’s smart.  I love him.
 

1 comment:

  1. I think Santa needs to bring Ross a Chia Pet for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete