Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Reading Nook

The baby crib came down on Sunday. I suppose it could have been a sad moment.  But it wasn’t. 
I decided it to be crafty and create a ‘reading nook’ in Molly’s room by re-purposing the crib mattress and a bookshelf. 
 

 

Each of my kids has gone (or is currently going) through the phase where their favorite book was the “Big Bus” book.  I admit it’s one of my top 5 too.  It’s short and the pages are made from cardboard.  I know it by heart.  Mike and I read it to Maisie one night while she was throwing-up from the stomach flu and Mike and I were on the verge of throwing up from the wine-flu.  I found the book to be absolutely hilarious that night.
 
See Big Bus out on the streets.  See him smile at those he meets.  Stopping here and stopping there. Hop on for a ride, please pay your fare.  He won’t get lost wherever he goes.  Time to rest, time to doze.
 

 
 

Love that story.  Love these kids. Love wine.
I'm glad we had this talk.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment