Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Looney for Loom Bands

I'm 12 years old again, sitting in either Stacey or Erin's room making friendship bracelets after school.  The embroidery thread is taped to the floor and we make bracelets while listening to Kokomo on a cassette player until our 5:15 curfew. 
 
Seeing Ross dig out his Tupperware of loom bands and studying a U-tube tutorial explaining how to master the 'fishhook' technique took me back 24 years.  I think I got another wrinkle and age spot just thinking about it. 
 
Maisie demonstrates the beginning of her bracelet while Molly does a little photo-bombing.
 
 Ross struggled more than Maisie.  His fingers aren't quite as nimble.
 
Meanwhile, Molly waits patiently for me to show her how to make one.
 
I got it started for her.  It went downhill from here.
 
I can't get over how focused she was.
 
 
Maisie's finished bracelet.  Not perfect, but completed.
 
On the other-hand, it's two hours later and Ross is redoing his for the 4th time. 
 
 
If you, or someone you know is desperately seeking a fishhook loom band bracelet, please let us know.  We seem to have a large supply.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment