Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lunch at School

Molly and I decided to eat lunch with Maisie in the school cafeteria today.  We walked into her classroom as they were finishing indoor recess.  Apparently Maisie was being a bit of a brat.  One of Maisie's friends was consoling another friend who was crying that Maisie wouldn't play with her.  The consoling friend explained that Maisie told the crying girl she wasn't her friend anymore because she colored on her snowman picture.  The consoling girl continued rubbing the crying girls back and I listened to Maisie try to talk herself out of it.  The crying girl then began hugging Molly who ate the attention up like nobodies business.  And this is only kindergarten. 

Lunch was another story as I had to tell another girl she was full of drama and to keep her hands out of the other kids' corn.  This is flu season. 
 
I figured we'd better say 'hi' to Ross as well.  Last night he told me his teacher smells like donuts and I wanted to get to the bottom of this.  As we walked into his classroom, he was also in the middle of indoor recess yet didn't seem terribly excited to see us.  Nobody was crying though, so I figured that was a plus.  We stayed just long enough for him to request a beef and bean burrito for after school.  I double checked my nametag to be sure it didn't say 'Taco John' and quickly left his room without getting a whiff of his teacher.

After spending nearly 15 minutes in the restroom and Molly having touched every hand rail in sight, I decided to douse both of us in hand sanitizer and make a bee-line for the exit door.  School lets out at 3 and I've got a burrito to make.


Ready for lunch with Maisie.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment