Thursday, March 26, 2015

First Invite

Molly received her first friend birthday party invite Thursday. 
Each time Ross or Maisie get invited to a friends house, I watched as Molly's face fell and her eyes welled up. 
It ripped my heart out each time.
 
Therefore, watching her face when she realized she'd been invited to a birthday party was beyond joyful.
 
The next 2 hours involved the following:
 
Molly coloring birthday pictures for the birthday girl before rinsing the photos in the bathroom faucet to 'erase' the marker.
 
Unrolling an entire tube of Christmas wrapping paper trying to figure out how to seal the birthday card.  (which I think may actually be a sympathy card from Ben Franklins)
 
and quoted the following:
Maybe everyone will get her a Barbie!
How do they know what house we live in?
Does Sarah (birthday girl) like blue?
Which day am I gonna go?
Who will take all the kids to the party?
She's so mean.
Who gets to open the presents?
I hate her dad.
I'm scared because I sleep in Pull-Ups and she doesn't (the party's not an overnight)
 
 
She can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment