Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Movie Theaters, Haircuts and Roberto

I wanted to take the kids to a movie this week.  However, movie prices are crazy... even the matinees.  And the prices don't even include snacks!  What happened to the $1 movies I frequented in Ames?  Or the DeWitt theater on Wednesday nights?
So, while the 'Messiest Playdoh Recipe in the Universe' was being created in my dining room, we discussed a solution.  We would turn our living room into a movie theater. 
We reserved 'Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day' from Redbox.  Bought movie theater popcorn and every variety of gummy candy you can think of.  The suede reclining chairs were pulled out and every shade was drawn to darken the room. 
Go Big or Go Home
In other news, Kratt made a friend.  We've named him Roberto.  Kratt watches for him out the window.  He's black.
Kratt had a friend at our old house too.  That cat seemed sickly and we were always amazed it hadn't died yet.  He was black too. 
Ironic.

 
Ross asked me to check his head for lice. It was itchy.  I suggested I cut his hair. He reluctantly agreed.  The clipper kept pulling his hair with certain shield sizes and I was forced to stick with one size for the whole head.  I tried using scissors for the top of his head, but I couldn't get the fingerwork quite right.  I ended up buzzing him.  He was pissed and called Daddy immediately to complain after chucking a wad of playdoh at my jaw.
So that's how Wednesday went.
I think the haircut is adorable. 
He thinks he looks like Cailou.

No comments:

Post a Comment