Tuesday, March 31, 2015

It Still Serves Us

I remember eating ridiculous quantities of tacos at it. 
 
I was pregnant with Ross and living in the Granger house with Mike.  We had that 50's style kitchen with the checkerboard floor (stick on tiles).  My oven had just been upgraded and there was always a bag of frozen Snickers in the freezer and the smell of Asian beetles each time the vacuum turned on.  2005.
 
In 2009, we moved it to Winterset.  It worked as a 'kitchen table'.  We had the large dining room table (since we had our first 'dining room'.)  I painted it with chalkboard paint and thought the kids would have fun with it.  Eventually my dad build me a breakfast bar and the table went to the basement. 
 
We sold our Winterset house and moved to a rental.  For the next year, the table sat next to the wash machine and held laundry soap, vinegar and bleach.  2014
 
Then yesterday happened.  The weather cooperated and it was time to take my oak table outside to be sanded.  The table top is solid oak and NOT light.  Ross was supposed to help me carry it outside to the sawhorses, (he was home sick with a fever), but ended up pinching his hand in the table and pretty much told me I was going to hell. 
 
Therefore, I was on my own. 
 
It wasn't pretty, but I managed to hoist it up there on my own.  I'm a fighter.
 
The legs are headed to DeWitt where my dad knows a guy with a dunk tank.
 
The sanded beast.
 
 
Mike came home from work and decided it'd be best to stain/finish it in St. Charles where it will live.  I agree.  Therefore, we were short a dining room table. 
 
Guess what?
 
My laundry soap can sit somewhere else.
 
 
I think I'll make tacos for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment