Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring Break Wrap-Up

Oh Spring Break, you cracked me up.  So many moments... here are a few of my favorites.
 
1.  Me, "If I could take each of you on a private vacation, I think I'd take Ross to a desert somewhere in Arizona.  I'd probably fly Maisie to New York to go shopping and see a show."
Ross, "Where would you take Moo?  A farm?"
 
2.  On St. Patricks Day the internet was filled with pictures of festivals, parades and parties.  I tried explaining the tradition of St. Patricks Day celebrations to Ross.  He replied with a sideways frown, "That actually sounds really dangerous."
 
3. I'd been up with the kids through the night and upon returning to bed, (after crashing into the vacuum and stepping on a vanilla wafer, Mike murmured, "What's the deal?"
Me: "Oh, everyone had to change their unders.  Molly's fighting stomach cramps, Maisies got a sweaty butt and Ross is pissed because he's inconvenienced.  Everyone's freezing but wont get under their covers because they don't want to mess up their blankets.
 
15 minutes later I was summoned back into the kids' room.  Molly had to poop and Ross was super-pissed he'd been woken again.  Molly ordered me to stand in the hallway and 'not hear her' in the bathroom.  Her comments to herself during the ordeal had me nearly wetting my own pants.  It sounded like the bathroom scene in Dumb and Dumber.  "That was awesome... A squeaky one...Mom, don't hear me in here... stay out!... I couldn't resist singing the diarrhea song (when your sliding into first...) to which all the kids joined in on.  
Upon returning to my own bed again and stepping on the same crushed vanilla wafer, Mike asked, "Now what?"
"Molly's better."
 
Until next year Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment