Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sewing and Can Lights

The past few weeks have been all about bobbins, needles, pins, seam rippers, notches and stitch length. 
 
No, Grandma Claussen has not returned. 
Mike's been sewing.
 
He spent his birthday money on supplies to sew an under-quilt for his hammock.  Apparently, he's planning to do a lot of hammocking at some point.  U-tube video after u-tube video, he did it.  I think he chose the most difficult material possible to use for his first sewing project, yet, he pulled it off.  It turned out awesome and it will make hammocking so much better... I'm told.
Win, win.

 
Ironically, later in the day he transformed from Martha Stewart into Bob the Builder and we installed 13 can lights. 
 
These were much easier than the can lights on the vaulted ceiling.
 
Ross hung out on the scaffolding while Goose hunted rabbits in the woods.
 
More duct stuff.
 
 
 
Notice we have some electrical wires now too.
 
and outlet boxes.
 
Today (the 3rd) I realized I forgot to pay March rent on time.  Sunday I forgot to put the coffee filter basket in the coffee machine and Tuesday I broke down and bought the last pack of banana clips at Ben Franklins. 
I think it's time for spring.
 
Meanwhile, not a day goes by I don't thank my lucky stars this guy lives in center of my universe. 
There is a God.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment